Janette and her Sphynix cat Bizmark!
• Rosie and the staff talked a little about American Idol. Bobby said it seems like there aren't very good singers this year and no one has really blown him away yet. I AGREE BOBBY. I couldn't wait for the show to end actually. There was one contestant that the Idol judge Cara is becoming overly friendly with and Rosie said it was borderline sexual harassment. Cara asked if the contestant would take off his shirt during auditions and last night Rosie said she was "practically dry-humping him." They played the audio of the clip from the show where Cara is sexually molesting this contestant. Rosie proposed what would happen if Simon or Randy did that to one of the female contestants?! Bobby loves Ellen as a comedian but doesn't like Ellen on the show as the new judge. Rosie talked some about how it must be hard to enter an already formed ensemble cast and said if anyone can pull it off - Ellen can. Rosie took callers who discussed a variety of American Idol topics including their love for Ellen as a judge, Cara's inappropriate comments to the contestant and comments that overall, the season is bad. Rosie talked about how in 1984 she was on Star Search and how it was the scariest thing she ever did in her entire life. Rosie said she thought her whole world was going to change after doing the show and it did totally change her entire career around.
• The studio then talked about The Octomom's appearance on The View yesterday. Rosie asked WHY...Why even book her? Rosie said it was a case study in "severe mental incapacity" and was shocked how everyone on the panel was pretending it was not happening and just kept pressing forward. They played a clip from the interview and Rosie stopped it frequently to comment or to just laugh. They must have been watching a tape because Rosie had them rewind it so everyone in the studio could see Whoopi's appalled face. Rosie said, "You gotta love the Whoop!" Janette said she has never seen anything like that on network television and Deirdre said it made her angry. I AGREE Deirdre. It's too much focus on crazy people. Janette and Deirdre discussed the problems from a producer's standpoint and wondered why they would let her go on TV like that. Bobby suggested that maybe someone should have tried to calm her down and only had one person interview her. Pete suggested that they did it for ratings and cited the Jimmy Kimmel dating game bit he did on his show and how it got big press. He suggested that The View may have seen how much play that Jimmy Kimmel segment got and decided to book her for ratings. And Bobby said Jimmy really goes after Octomom on his show and couldn't believe she would agree to do his show at all. Here's the evidence of THAT. Rosie thinks Octomom would go on any show at this point and she took several callers on the topic.
Octomom on The View.
• Rosie said she went to a wonderful event at a friend's house last night to raise money for her charity RBK. Rosie's Broadway Kids is an arts education organization dedicated to enriching the lives of children through the arts. Using professional teaching artists, Rosie's Broadway Kids provides instruction in dance and music and a professional theater experience for children who might otherwise not have the opportunity. [source: http://www.rosiesbroadwaykids.org/] Actually, if you live in the DC/Virginia/Maryland area RBK has a great raffle going on. You can win a 19 seat Luxury Suite at Nationals stadium for a spring training game in April! Food, beverages and parking is included for you and 18 of your friends! SWEET! You can enjoy baseball and support the arts at the same time. Click HERE for more information!
• Rosie then played a clip of Keith Olbermann talking about his father's health struggles. Keith talked about his father in terms of the healthcare debate and Rosie called it one of the most moving and profound things she's ever seen. Rosie said she has such respect for Keith and his access to his emotions and the ability to express himself so articulately. Keith told a story about his father who had his colon removed followed by a series of infections, pneumonia, kidney failure, dialysis, swelling, etc. One night in the hospital after a long battle, the x-ray tech came in and hurt Keith's father and it was too much for him. Keith's father pleaded for help. Keith asked his Dad if he wanted to stop all the treatment and his dad said "yes." He essentially asked Keith to kill him, to end it all. Keith's father begged him for relief from the torture of the procedures they were giving him. Keith talked about the need to separate politics and from the needs of the people of the country. Listen to Keith in his own words...
• When they were done playing the interview Janette was in tears. This past Tuesday was the anniversary of her father's death. Keith's speech was hard for her to hear because it brought back all the memories of her father and the struggles they faced deciding what to do at he end of his life. (((((((HUGS JB))))))))
• Rosie then brought up the news-story about a Sea World trainer who died in a killer whale attack. Pete read an article about the incident to the staff. A Marine Biologist called in and said that to "put killer whales in these containers to perform is inhumane." Rosie wondered why it doesn't it happen more frequently. The caller said she didn't know why but knew it was not enough room for them and they're lonely depressed and agitated. Another caller who worked with killer whales called in who witnessed a killer whale kill a trainer who was wearing an orange flotation jacket and fell in to the whale tank.
• Rosie then introduced Sonya Fitzpatrick the Animal Communicator to the listeners at home. Rosie talked to Sonya about her relationships with dolphins. Sonya said that in past lives, Rosie was a dolphin. And she said that Rosie's been in the water in past lives. She said the dolphins are aware of that and they feel safe with her. Rosie asked Sonya about the killer whale incident and Sonya said she was never allowed to work with the animals at Sea World but worked with the dolphins with Siegfried and Roy. She commented how bad it is for the animals in captivity.
Rosie and her dog Missy
• Chelsea, Rosie's eldest daughter, was in the studio and Rosie said she loves animals almost more than she loves people. Rosie said Chelsea's dog Zoe is so in love with Chels. Sonya said that Zoe and Chelsea take care of each other. She also said that Chelsea can communicate with her dog even when she's not with her because of the magnetic field. ????Okay, she lost me there. Sonya asked who has a snake in the house. Sonya said that the snake is sad because someone in the house doesn't like it. Rosie's youngest son Blake is the snake owner and an animal lover too and he was also in the studio. Blake told the story about the snake escaping from his cage down a heating vent and how they found it. He was so adorable. It was the talkiest I have ever heard Rosie's kids! Blake also talked about the shark he caught with Mark the Shark. Funny, I don't remember Sonya telling us how the shark felt as he was gutted and hanging by a hook. lol okay, sorry... Rosie asked Sonya what would be a good dog for Vivi. Sonya said a dog like Chelsea's dog (which is a Mini Australian Shepherd) rather than a Chihuahua (like Vivi wanted).
Vivi, Chelsea and Zoe
• Sonya then read Janette's hairless cat. She told Janette that her cat Beastly needs to be disciplined for biting her in the middle of the night and Janette should give him eye-to-eye attention. Then it was Bobby's dog's turn and Sonya said that she wishes she could come with him all the time and the dog could feel his lower back pain. Sonya also said that the dog loves the lady who wears comfortable shoes who visits and talks to her. Bobby said that this was one of his very good friends. Sounds like Ro. Sonya took several calls from listeners who had questions about their pets. She also recommended a vet friend of hers named Dr. Marty who does homeopathic medicine for animals. You can see Sonya at a seminar on Saturday Feb 27th at the Gramercy Theater!
Rosie, Bobby and Abby
• Deirdre said she didn't need a reading in the studio today with Sonya because they had already had one on one time. Sonya said that Ruby gets annoyed with her boyfriend and wants a dog that would play with her! Could another dog be in Deirdre's future? Only time will tell!
Deirdre and her pup Ruby
• Rosie said that she absolutely loves Sonya said she has a great energy and closed the show. Be sure and tune in tomorrow to hear Rosie interview Katie Spotz who is rowing solo across the Atlantic Ocean and Liz Tigelaar the Executive Producer of Life Unexpected!