• Rosie began today's show with a wonderful announcement! Google Pete and his wife are expecting their 3rd child in November! Pete said he was happy with 1 and then they were done at 2 and now surprise, he's going to have 3!! Rosie said she always wanted children - lots of children. Pete said he's excited because his wife likes to eat when she's pregnant and she doesn't like to eat alone. The staff then talked about some of their favorite fast food restaurants including Five Guys. Rosie's son, Blake, LOVES it. Rosie asked Pete if he was a fan of Johnny Rockets and Pete said he's doesn't get very good service there and thinks they're a little expensive as far as burger joints go. Rosie loves it there and loves their chili-cheese fries. She gets great service there! (not a surprise, she is Rosie!) Pete said he loves Wendy's and Rosie reminded Pete how she got food poisoning from Wendy's when she was filming the movie Now and Then in Savannah one year. Pete said he enjoys eating and isn't participating in the staff weight loss diet anymore. He's pregnant! He needs to eat now. (and if any of these restaurants would like to advertise on my blog, you can email me, lol)
• Since it was Wednesday, Lou gets to pick a random song and Rosie sings and then gets critiqued by the American Idol judges. Lou picked Ruby Red Dress by Helen Reddy. Ew. That's all I'm saying. Lou, you're only 35! I love Rosie singing to songs but this song was cringe-worthy. It was funny though! They then played recordings of American Idol judges "critiquing" Rosie's singing.
• Apparently Howard Stern and Robin were talking about how Gabourey Sidibe is very overweight and how odd they felt it was seeing her at the Academy Awards. They didn't play the clip from Howard's show but they did play the clip from yesterday of Rosie talking about seeing Gabourey there. Seeing Gabourey made Rosie feel sad because she said she understands what it feels like to be uncomfortable in your own body and to live in the world as a big person. Rosie thinks that Howard really is concerned with Gabourey's health and wondering why anyone isn't helping her. Rosie said it's his delivery that is off and although he comes off as abrasive, underneath he has true compassion for her.
Here's the clip from Howard's show.
Listen and decide for yourselves.
• Pete mentioned how Gabourey seems really, truly, confident and happy. Bobby, who has also struggled with being very overweight, thinks it is denial. Bobby knows what it is like to be that big and admits he doesn't know her, but to him, he believes she has to be unhappy about her size. Janette, who has also struggled with being overweight, wrote the book Embracing Your Big Fat Ass because she too believes we all want to lose weight but there's no need to hate yourself over it. Rosie said she has received lots of letters from fat acceptance groups requesting her to be a spokesperson. She said it's not something that she wants other people to think is a great way to be in the world. Janette feels the worst part about being overweight is the shame and admitted that speaking her weight out-loud empowers her and allows her to release the shame.
• Next Rosie reported that Lou is in love and ready to announce the name of his love on the air! Rosie said Lou's love has decided to "come out of the shadow shot on dateline" and reveal herself. And her name is Maral! Which Lou pronounced Marrrral (with a rolling r in the middle). Lou said he is crazy about her (but there wasn't any Tom Cruise couch jumping that I could tell so that's a positive). Lou's ballroom dance teacher cancelled on them again! Deirdre said that she has a good dance place they can go to. Rosie offered to treat Lou and his girlfriend to ballroom dancing lessons. She asked Lou if he's ready for marriage and Deirdre said that he can't be thinking about a ring yet because he's 35 and still a baby. Rosie said "that's not a baby I had 2 kids by then!" I am 35 and I feel old. If Lou is 35, where does he find some of these music choices? We need to talk.
• They briefly discussed the recent announcement that Corey Haim has died of an apparent drug overdose. Deirdre, who has worked with many celebrities in her career, is not surprised. She even talked about how amazed she was when Robert Downey Jr. successfully achieved sobriety. He once said "it's like he has a gun in his mouth and he enjoys the taste of metal." Deirdre (and someone else in the studio) battle cigarette addiction and have agreed to stop smoking for Rosie on her birthday as a present to her.
• Rosie said that her youngest daughter Vivi found beer in her refrigerator and scolded her because she thought she was drinking beer again. Vivi was bothered by the amount of beer that Rosie drank in the end of 2008 so Rosie decided to do a "year without beer." Janette said she still craves cigarettes. Rosie said she's quit picking at her face because Tracy asked her not to do it and she's getting many many compliments on how fantastic she looks! Rosie took several calls from smokers, people who've battled drugs, had food issues and people who generally battle addictions.
• Then Rosie had Suzanne Somers call in to the show again today because she said the radio show had such a huge response the last time she was on! They talked about several issues including genetically altered foods and seeds and the documentary Food Inc. Rosie said you can watch it on Amazon On Demand for $2.99.
Food Inc. Trailer
• Suzanne talked with Rosie about how she was attacked in the mainstream media for the book she wrote entitled Knockout in which she interviews doctors and medical professionals about alternative, integrative and conventional methods of combating cancer. Suzanne even talked about how chemotherapy doesn't even treat some of the cancers patients have who receive it (like patients with Pancreatic cancer and lung cancer). Suzanne said it costs about a half a million dollars to die of chemotherapy in this country. She talked about a recent article in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette in which 2 mainstream doctors discussed how Chemotherapy doesn't work and, in fact, makes the cancer worse. Suzanne also talked about a bill spearheaded by Senator John McCain, that if passed, will drive up the cost of dietary supplements and restrict your access to them. The bill is named the Dietary Supplement Safety Act of 2010 (DSSA). McCain’s bill would give the FDA authority to draw up a list of allowed and disallowed supplements. Read more about that new bill HERE.
• Suzanne talked about the necessity to first balance yourself and your hormones. She also talked about how it improves your sex drive and Rosie agreed wholeheartedly!!! (bowm chica bowm bowm) Rosie and Suzanne have a great rapport together and overall it was a fun, lively and educational conversation. Suzanne had a lot to say about the effectiveness of Chemotherapy as a method to fight cancer. You can read more about what Suzanne had to say when she was originally on the program in November of 09 HERE. It seems that they have since taken down the links of her talking to Rosie though. Bummer.
• Everyone in the studio absolutely loves Suzanne. They talked about how Suzanne encourages people to try to have all the knowledge available when looking for medical treatment. She emphasizes that you must believe that there is a different way to do things. As the very least, believe in the possibility. Janette talked about a pain issue she had in the past when she was told she probably would never walk again and how she went to see Dr. John Sarno who ultimately cured her of her pain. Dr. Sarno would only see Janette as a patient if she had the ability to believe that there were other ways to cure her.
• Rosie then talked about how she can never remember passwords for email and online accounts and how this has been a problem for her a lot. Once she was asked in the question Who Loves You Baby? as an "answer this question so we can retrieve your forgotten password" and Rosie answered it Kojack. But Rosie couldn't remember the answer later on when she eventually forgot her password! This made Deirdre crack up.
For Rosie...Who Loves Ya Baby.
• Janette feels that if you want to hack her computer and read her email, go ahead, because she can't keep up. Rosie locks up her computers frequently from too many attempts to try to remember her passwords! Pete's advice was to take one thing you like, put two numbers in it, and change the numbers every so often. Rosie closed the show.
Because they mentioned Tracy Chapman, I have to put my 2 cents in.
I love this song of hers SO much. Makes me cry every time.
Have a great day Rosie peeps! And thanks to everyone in the blogtourage that are helping me when I'm distracted and miss something on the live show!
and that's what you missed - kw